The right to operate as a company comes with the responsibility to keep our people safe, conserve natural resources and reduce our overall impact.
High purity cellulose, pulp and paper are made with processes that separate the cellulose fibers from natural wood binders, like lignin, and purify them for customers’ end uses. The pulping and purification processes use electricity, steam, water and chemicals. We continuously look for ways to conserve energy and water, increase efficiency, reduce the quantities of chemicals we use and recycle and reuse by-products.
Partnering With Our Suppliers
Rayonier Advanced Materials (“RYAM”) believes “doing business right” includes partnering with suppliers that share our values and whose business practices incorporate integrity, honesty, ethical treatment of people, and compliance with laws and regulations. We expect our suppliers to help us fulfill our commitments to our values and these business principles by actively supporting and respecting them in their business practices.
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
RYAM believes that efficient and responsible manufacturing operations have a positive impact on our climate. Conserving energy, using fuels wisely and substituting greener energy are all ways we reduce greenhouse gas emissions from our operations. In 2019 we prepared our first company-wide greenhouse gas emissions inventory following the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
From our work we continue to demonstrate:
- Our continued commitment to benefit our planet.
- Our intent to meet customers, investors and communities desire for more visibility and transparency into our GHG emissions
- Working together to support our partners in our supply chain is part of the solution.
- Ongoing emissions management in our daily operations is a key part of our business strategy.
Ontario Regulations 455/09 Reports
- TRA Public Report 2019 – Kapuskasing
- TRA Public Report 2019 – Hearst Sawmill
- TRA Public Report 2019 – Cochrane Sawmill
- TRA Public Report 2019 – Chapleau Sawmill
- TRSP Public Report (Phase 2) – Tembec Chapleau
- TRSP Public Report (Phase 2) – Tembec Cochrane
- TRSP Public Report (Phase 2) – Tembec Hearst
- TRSP Public Report (Phase 2) – Tembec Kapuskasing
- TSRP Public Report (Phase 1) – Tembec Chapleau
- TSRP Public Report (Phase 1) – Tembec Cochrane
- TSRP Public Report (Phase 1) – Tembec Hearst
- TSRP Public Report (Phase 1) – Tembec Kapuskasing